8 September 2011

The downs

I am having such a hard time.  Life with two kids is full of ups and downs, but right now it feels like a heck of a lot more downs than ups.  That's part of why I haven't been writing a lot in this blog.  I just feel so down about things and it's not something I want to remember in the long run, or share unnecessarily.  Anyone with kids in a similar situation can understand... or maybe it's just me.  Whatever.  In the end, I often just feel like curling up in a ball at the end of the day and shutting down with a book or browsing online.  I don't want to think or plan or work for tomorrow.  It's all I can do to get through today.

I also feel terrible about my lack of patience with the kids.  Even little J. doesn't get off scott-free.  I'm just so short of everything - brains, time, patience, creativity...  (that list goes on obviously). 

Sorry to be such a drag today.  Sometimes tomorrow is better.  I hope. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I was just reading through some of your posts. :) My kids are grown, but I can remember days like the one you've described here in "the downs". I think every Mom has these, at least once in awhile. Your honesty and transparency is refreshing. After meeting you and your family last weekend, I just want to say, (not that my opinion matters of course) that I think you and your husband are doing a great job so far...your kids are so precious and well-behaved.

    Your photos are beautiful too!

    Have a great day! S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ce que tu ressens est tout a fait normal et toute bonne maman passe aussi par la . ne sois pas trop exigente avec toi meme . ne te mets pas des montagnes a escalader chaque jour car tu vas t'epuiser . essaye juste de faire de ton mieu et si un jour tt n'est pas parfait si la vaisselle n'est pas finie si tu n'as pas lu une histoire aux enfants si tu n'as pas repasse ou lave la salle de bain alors apprends ce mot ... maaleich.... it's not a big deal all of u are in good health the rest is secondary u are a great mom.... love u
    mela

    ReplyDelete