In fact, the only ambition I have is to make a good hearty pot of bone broth soup. That's what my body needs, I think. And curl up with a good book, perhaps outside in the sun. :) I doubt very much any of that will happen, except the soup, but it's nice to dream! I am so thankful for the sunshine. It just perks my mood right up! In fact, on this second day of May, I am thankful for many things...
- for Skype, WhatsApp, and connecting to far away sisters
- for birdsong, and the muted chirping going on just before dawn
- for seeing a 5-year old so excited to paint something
- for kindred spirits, dear friends, and good company
- for feast days
- for quieter and often cuddly moments with a certain 2 year old darling
- for baby coos, smiles and peekaboo laughing (and those kissable cheeks!)
- for the warm sunshine on my back, my shoulders and my hands... especially after a seemingly long winter
- for the joy of running after little children outside
- for planning gardens, plants, and just anything green sprouting!
- for deep conversations in the car with a seven-year old on route to wherever
- for painting. Oh how I've missed painting. I could shout with the sheer joy of picking up a paintbrush!
- for reading together in the evenings before bed
I wish you many such thankful moments! Christ is risen!