19 November 2011

Paradise

I thought I'd share a brief snapshot of our life right now.

Picture this: darkness blanketing the world; a big pot of chick pea soup simmering on the stove; bread dough rising in a covered bowl nearby; the washing machine humming away; Dany's calm voice reading bedtime stories. 

This is my reality right now - my paradise. 

Of course, paradise comes with exhaustion, poopy diapers and screaming tantrums... but I'll take it any day.  (Especially when it comes with a serving of glazed banana cake!) 

CREAMY CHICK PEA SOUP

2 carrots, peeled and chopped
5 potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups chick peas, cooked (I think about 1 can)
4 cups water
vegetable oil for frying
salt, to taste

Place carrots, onions and celery in a large pot with a drizzle of vegetable oil and saute until onions are translucent.  Add water, chick peas and potatoes.  Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.  Puree soup with immersion blender.  Add salt to taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment