20 August 2014

Art Attack

This is my very first weekly art attack post!  :)  

I've decided, rather ambitiously, to start a regular weekly post.  It will feature my artwork.  A rather loose definition, but purposely done.  It might be a traditional drawing, it might be food art.  Whatever.  The purpose is to motivate myself to pick up my pencil (or brush or whatever-other-tool) more often.  I am not a trained artist, but I love creating art.  For me, the process is more precious than the product.  (Ah, alliterations...)  

So.  I am choosing to swallow my pride and insecurities and share a page of my sketchbook each week.  Maybe someone else, coming across this post, will be inspired by simple mediocrity to embrace their own inner artist!   

Won't you join me?

A quick pencil and ink drawing of our (small!) condo living room.



6 comments:

  1. Great idea! And what a talented lady you are, love your sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! As silly as it sounds, I genuinely loved sitting down (kids sat with me!) and sketching my sofas. Cheap therapy and meditation. :)

      Delete
  2. great idea! I'm feeling inspired.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a brilliant idea for a weekly post - great motivation for you to give yourself time to draw and personally I love seeing other people's art work, I always find it very inspiring whether mediocre or not, and yours certainly doesn't look mediocre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such kind words! Thank you! Incidentally, I find that my art philosophy mirrors your quilting philosophy: heavy on the process or "character" (as my high school art teacher would say) and easy on the perfect. I loved seeing your work by the way. Inspiring in its own right!

      Delete