27 December 2011

Love

I am sitting here late at night and all I can think of is how blessed I am.  My babies are sleeping, my husband is in bed and I am sitting here thinking of all the little happinesses that have come my way.  It is such a wonderous thing to know that you are loved; to be loved and accepted as you are.  That is what I feel.  Perhaps (sadly) not many people can say that, which makes me sad in a way.  Everyone wants, even needs, to feel loved and accepted - it's almost a primal desire.  I aspire to mirror that same quiet love to those around me.

"A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow."  William Shakespeare

We had a nice Christmas this year.  M. loved his gifts, especially his peg people.  We've had a lot of people over these past few days and I am a little tired, but very thankful that we made so many cookies, treats and hearty food!  I'm even more thankful that we were able to accomplish so much and now have a little time to rest from our labours.






























Michael's handmade cards were a sweet little effort that he loved making.  They went to a few "writers" on our list.  The Advent "calendar" was a tough one, but we managed to get it ready for Christmas.

Hoping your holidays were just as sweet...




No comments:

Post a Comment