1 July 2014

Just one

I was in the kitchen finishing some ironing with my back to the kids table.  When I turned around, this is what I saw...



Lots going on here right now.  Our dear ones from Lebanon visiting for the month, strawberry season in full swing, and projects being slowly finished.  I won't talk about it all right now.  What I want to talk about is my youngest.  Today she turns one!  

She has been with us for a whole year now.  What a little ray of sunshine she is.   I can't imagine life without her.  Her little toothy smile- almost six teeth.  Her tottering steps.  Her belly giggles when she and J play their little games.  The way she coos, barks, meows or growls.  (All legitimate words in her world.)  How she points at everything - what she wants you to give her or where she wants you to take her if she's in your arms.  She does not take no for an answer this one.  She knows what she wants and often how to get it.  (Queue the pout-y faces and fake crying.)  With her little personality unfolding, it's so much fun to see how she will develop day-to-day.

Happy birthday little one.  And happy Canada day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment