31 March 2012

Weekend goodies

Ahhhh.  Saturday.  It's a magical day.  Commencing the weekend proper and bringing a myriad of hopes and plans with it.  In my world, the weekend actually starts on Friday evening.  Right around the time D gets home from work.  :o)  Still, Saturday; a glorious day indeed!



I found some pretty neat things during the past week that filled me with glee!  I hope you find some glee amongst them for yourselves.
We're off a-visiting this weekend, so I thought it would be fitting to leave a nice chocolate cake recipe.  A decadent hostess gift perhaps?  Bonus: it's almost completely idiot proof.  Almost.  

Happy weekend!







DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CAKE (dairy free)

1 2/3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 1/2 tsp vinegar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks

Heat oven to 350 degrees C.  Grease a square 9x9" pan.  Mix dry ingredients together.  Add wet ingredients and combine well. Sprinkle in chocolate chips and mix.  Pour into pan and bake for about 45 minutes until firm.  Remove and let cool.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with strawberries.  :o)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely recipe Alexa ... anything with chocolate is a winner in this house!! Thanks for sharing, I'll be giving it a go soon. Georgie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, chocolate. I love it too! I'm not able to have dairy products right now, and this cake is definitely a hit in my fam. Hope you enjoy it too!

      Delete