14 January 2013

A short tribute to papa



D has taken to bathing the kiddies these days.  It's hilarious watching how ecstatic the little ones get when they learn it's bath time!  Papa dons a bathing suit and gets right in with them to ensure no accidents.  (I know, he's a gem!)  Staying with my parents means we get to utilize a Jacuzzi-style bathtub.  It's pretty large and luxurious for them, especially coming from Lebanon where we used a portable kiddie tub to bathe them.  (For obvious reasons of water-conservation.)  Unlimited water is a blessing in Canada that I will never again take for granted.

That also reminds me how thankful I am for our family's love and acceptance.  It's not easy opening your home, even to your own children and grandchildren.  In our transitional period of looking for our own place and sorting out the chaos, we are grateful to have such a wonderful support system.  



Anyhow, as you can imagine, all this quality time with D means the kids have grown pretty attached to him.  I will always look back to these times with a full heart watching my babies plod determinedly after their daddy.  Whether it be taking a walk or shoveling snow together, he always has the time and patience to be with them and swing them up into his arms for some special Papa snuggles.  He has this way of making them laugh even when they're grumpy - trust me, it's a gift!

My biggest blessing in this life aside from the kids, is D.  My husband, my best friend, my soul-mate, I thank God for you every day.  You are my laughter, my encouragement and quite often my sanity in this crazy world.  There's no way I could do this without you.  I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment