This is excellent for disinfecting and deoderizing your home. Just don't use it on marble as it will destroy the protective coat.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp dish soap
Mix ingredients in a spray bottle. Use to clean and disinfect bathrooms, floors, sinks, windows, walls, etc. The vinegar smell evaporates once the surface is dry. If you need a more concentrated solution for toilet rings and the like, just use undiluted vinegar. For wood floors: reduce the vinegar to 1/2 cup and omit the dish soap. Use this solution to wash windows as it won't streak.
I use this when I'm running low on vinegar. Especially good at neutralizing odours and freshening up the home!
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp baking soda
Dissolve baking soda in water. Apply to surface, rinse lightly with water if needed.
- wash windows in the evening, or on a cloudy day since the sun dries the solution too fast and unevenly causing it to streak
- to banish odours from carpets, sprinkle baking soda onto rugs, let sit for up to 24 hours, brush with dry brush then vacuum
- soak tea kettle in a dilute solution of vinegar + water to remove the calcium carbonate deposits inside
- add 1/2 cup vinegar to rinse cycle when washing towels to deoderize and soften them
- scrub sinks and pots with slightly moistened baking soda for a non-abrasive shine
- for pots with baked on residue, make a paste of baking soda + water and let sit on surface for 20-30 minutes
- to clean cutting boards, mix lemon juice and baking soda into a paste, let sit on surface for 10-30 minutes then rinse