2 May 2011

A Baptism & a Smoothie

I understand that this is a slighty boring, or at least irrelevent subject to most, but bear with me.  J's baptism is in two very short weeks and there is going to be a whirlwind of activity between now and then!  D's dad arrives on Thursday, which means that yours truly has to take it up a notch in the kitchen!  I don't know if I'll have time, but I'll do my best to post some of the recipes.  :o) 

We went downtown with J's Godmother on the weekend to get her dress.  It's very sweet and she looks darling in it.  The only things left to work out are the reception menu, the cake and the bonbonnieres. 

My aunt has been helping with the bonbonnieres and they look (as the pictures show) FABULOUS!  Who knew that something homemade could turn out looking professionally done.  I'm going to have to chalk it up to my aunt's innate talent and sense of style.  :o)


Aside from the baptism, life goes on.  Today was relatively typical: breakfast, chores, cooking... it all SOUNDS boring, but it never FEELS that way!  In fact, it's downright exciting!  (Ok, sometimes it's downright dangerous, but certainly never boring.)  Anyhow, while it was raining this morning, it was still hot enough to warrent a cool treat.  M. loves a good shake, so I obliged with this banana-strawberry version.


BANANABERRY SMOOTHIE

1 banana
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/3 - 1/2 litre organic soymilk (or almond milk)

Place banana, strawberries and about 2 cups of soymilk into blender.  Purée until smooth and creamy.  Add more soymilk as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment