Ahhhh. Saturday. It's a magical day. Commencing the weekend proper and bringing a myriad of hopes and plans with it. In my world, the weekend actually starts on Friday evening. Right around the time D gets home from work. :o) Still, Saturday; a glorious day indeed!
I found some pretty neat things during the past week that filled me with glee! I hope you find some glee amongst them for yourselves.
- These homemade peanut butter cups are to become one of our Easter gifts... !
- A bouquet that will bring spring into any room any time.
- This. And anything else on craftgawker for that matter.
- Ree's Seafood Pasta recipe. Delectable.
- Ashley English and her post on eating edible flowers at Design Sponge
We're off a-visiting this weekend, so I thought it would be fitting to leave a nice chocolate cake recipe. A decadent hostess gift perhaps? Bonus: it's almost completely idiot proof. Almost.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CAKE (dairy free)
1 2/3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 1/2 tsp vinegar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
Heat oven to 350 degrees C. Grease a square 9x9" pan. Mix dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients and combine well. Sprinkle in chocolate chips and mix. Pour into pan and bake for about 45 minutes until firm. Remove and let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with strawberries. :o)