25 May 2013

Creative maneuvering with books

Summer days are anything but lazy when you have active monkeys who like to live outdoors.  It's an odd feeling then to talk about my efforts to try and keep them indoors, since I emphatically prefer things to the contrary.  It's just hard to get the household tasks done though when my presence is perpetually required outdoors.  I have to get creative to lure those little ones inside.  Like making mini pizzas.  :o) 


Thunderstorms are another excuse to stay cozy indoors, but a surefire (and my personal favourite) way to keep the kiddies in is story time.  They love reading.  Cuddling up to mom (or D, or Grandma as the case may be) on the sofa with a good book is guaranteed bliss to their little souls.  I will tell you that they live for our bimonthly library visits.  M loves to spend time with the puzzles, while J explores the kiddie section on her own terms.  Then we choose our books and bring them home.

I love that they love reading.  Books were such a colossal fixture of my childhood (some things never change) that I can't imagine how children can enjoy life fully without them.  Mine live for our bimonthly library visits.  M especially loves to spend time with the puzzles, while J explores the kiddie section on her own terms.  Then we choose our books and bring them home.

It's a perfect arrangement.

Here's a mom who hopes that some things never change...


No comments:

Post a Comment